Super Mario Bros. Z (Episode 1) Super Mario Bros. Z (Episode 1)

What a FUCKING weird coincidence. just yesterday while spending a night in the woods away from the internet, a thought popped into my head.

"gee, I wonder if Alvin Earthworm is gonna make any more SMBZ. I remember watching the shit out of it years ago"

of anything I had thought of that day, it was totally irrelevant to anything else on my mind. I actually had no inkling that it was possibly in the works

amazing

Wrip an' Vinkle: No Evil 010 Wrip an' Vinkle: No Evil 010

As always, the animation is quite fluid and beautifully presented. The universe is.. wonderful. I want to live in it.
I really enjoyed the musical segment.

Twitch Draws Pokemon Twitch Draws Pokemon

this was excellent. I like how you created all the sounds. Only gripe is that it should've been longer.

Bullets & Beats DEMO Bullets & Beats DEMO

maybe I was playing it wrong, but I'm not really sure what this game is trying to do. The ambition is definitely there, but I can't really tell what to think of the platforming/reaction elements.
I was about to ask where "beats" becomes a factor, and only just noticed while writing this that the clouds move in time with the beat. Is the music supposed to end up being a gameplay element, or just a stylistic choice? if the former, utilize rhythm in the gameplay more noticeably. If the latter, consider changing the title of the game (the title initially had me guessing about rhythm based mechanics)

the combat is a little boring and drawn out, the luck system isn't really a fully fleshed out concept yet, and you really just have to walk right & jump to win.

However, I can see that some heart has gone into style, animation, and music.
I'd definitely encourage the devs to keep working on this game, and hope to see what the end product feels like.

duckbridge responds:

Hey, you're right about the naming choice 'Bullets & Beats' was maybe a poor name choice (however before it was called 'LuckyGame'..^^).

Well we want to make the music have more effect on the gameplay, but we haven't really decided on that. Your points about he luck system & combat not being fully fleshed out is spot on, because we were thinking this aswell. But we will work on it!

Thanks for your great feedback!

Fear Less! Fear Less!

Quite fun, addictive. I found myself aiming to beat every achievement. Then, with a breath of relief, I saw the very last one ping. Then I looked down to realize THERE WERE NO NG ACHIEVEMENTS. it was for naught, but I don't really regret it. Game left me satisfied in the end.

Sidenote:
If you do somehow update into NG achievements, I personally think the "secret" achievement should require the player to avoid every coin for a set distance of your choosing. Just a little bonus that some may discover, some may not.

Madness interactive Madness interactive

I used to like this game, but ever since project nexus came out, I can't even play this anymore.
Really difficult, too buggy.
That is, however, what makes this game comparable to something like "I wanna be the guy". Very much "trial and error", the slightest fuck up ends your game early.

Homecoming Homecoming

Goddamn. You just gave me an intense dopamine rush at the drop, which I surfed on for the rest of the song. Felt fucking good.

Lonely Universe Lonely Universe

I could listen to this for hours. Thusly, I desire to play it for hours. Do you have tabs? In the very least, what tuning was this in?

This is the epitome of relaxing. Have you ever looked into ambient guitar music?

A personal favorite of my is the brian eno track "evening star". Consists of primarily electric guitar.

BombFiglio responds:

Means a lot to me, man. Admittedly, I kind of forgot how to play most of the song. Most of the instruments (electric and bass guitar and the violins) I played while making this song was improvised. As cheesy as it sounds, I "felt" the music so to speak. However, I do remember my two favorite parts. The rhythm guitar is:
e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------0----------------------------------0---------0~----1h2-1----1h2-1----|
G|------------------------1---------------------------------1------1~-------------2----------2-|
D|-----2----2----2---------2-------2------2-------2--------2---2~---------------------------|
A|-4-----4----4-----------------4------4-------4-----------------4~---------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

The lead guitar is played like:

e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-4--------------------4-------------------4/6--4~--4/6-4~--4/6-4/2-1h2h4/2/1-------|
D|----2~----1--2~-------2~------1---2-------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Almost as easy as Dammit by Blink 182! I'd tab the timing in as well, but it's going to be a pain trying to fit it :( The song is in 6/4, and I tried to tab in the holds. Happy guitar playing :)

Also, I haven't really had time to compose ambient guitar music like this. I have another guitar based song in my mind, but time is not on my side. Maybe I'll make it before the year ends.

Sonic 2 Chemical Plant Metal Sonic 2 Chemical Plant Metal

awesome!

If this was a remix made in sonic adventure/sonic adventure 2, it would totally fit.

Spike Spiegel // Realism Spike Spiegel // Realism

Did you base spike's face off of dan avidan?

imcostalong responds:

nope... I just tried to exaggerate all his features in a reverse order from his anime counter part. Where anime is heavy exaggeration I had to use the main features/contour as a base and move backwards.

Needs? Needs?

I'm just wondering, what are your general inspirations? What emotions come into focus while you create your art? Excuse the ass-kissery, but I can't wait to see your next works

Nersul responds:

There is no general inspiration, there are artist which inspire me (MC Escher, Giger, Thomas Ott) but they are not the reason why I draw . I guess that I just like to draw or sometimes even need to, about the emotions.... that really depends on the picture

keine Seiten keine Seiten

I fucking love your at man. What do you use to draw?

Nersul responds: